[JOB] example paired network app
coolaj86 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 19:51:00 CET 2010
I need a paired network application which works in this fashion
(and as soon as possible)
- has a thread "dummy_data_getter" which
- `malloc()`s 512kb of memory (leave the garbage)
- sleeps for 128ms
- notifies libev that it is ready and hands off the data
- has an event loop "main_loop" which
- has a copy of the most recent data from "dummy_data_getter"
- updates that copy whenever new data is available
- listens for unix stream socket connections on "/tmp/provider.sock"
- sends the full 512kb to each listener when the data is updated
- it does not send data to a new listener until the data has
- there is a timeout of 1 second for dropping listeners which may
have improperly disconnected
The "consumer" (which can have multiple instances)
- connects to a unix stream socket "/tmp/provider.sock"
- receives 512kb of data
- copies the data into a buffer
- closes the connection
- creates a dummy thread "process_data" which
- copies from the buffer
- sleeps for a random time between 100 and 150 ms
- starts again if the data in buffer is new data (using libev
I was thinking that for someone on the list who is familiar with libev it
would probably take 2 to 3 hours,
so I'd like to propose $200 (150€, £130, or whichever currency you prefer),
but if that doesn't sound reasonable enough make me an offer.
I have a lot of work and I need an extra hand.
I would also probably use you again in the future when I'm swamped and need
If convenient, the example skeleton here may be used:
Please contact me off-list at your earliest convenience if interested.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the libev