libev-4.00 has just been released
schmorp at schmorp.de
Mon Oct 25 13:05:53 CEST 2010
I am pleased to announce libev 4.00.
Release hilights: there have been numerous minor bugfixes and
improvements, and a few API changes (and a backwards compatibility layer),
and a new ev_cleanup watcher type.
All in all, this is not a supposed to be a big flashy feature release but
a bugfix release consolidating existing features, the primary source of
instability should be the API changes.
The complete Changes are:
4.00 Mon Oct 25 12:32:12 CEST 2010
- "PORTING FROM LIBEV 3.X TO 4.X" (in ev.pod) is recommended reading.
- ev_embed_stop did not correctly stop the watcher (very good
testcase by Vladimir Timofeev).
- ev_run will now always update the current loop time - it erroneously
didn't when idle watchers were active, causing timers not to fire.
- fix a bug where a timeout of zero caused the timer not to fire
in the libevent emulation (testcase by Péter Szabó).
- applied win32 fixes by Michael Lenaghan (also James Mansion).
- rename EV_TIMEOUT to EV_TIMER.
- rename ev_loop_count/depth/verify/loop/unloop.
- remove ev_default_destroy and ev_default_fork.
- use enum instead of #define for most constants.
- replace EV_MINIMAL by EV_FEATURES.
- prefer EPOLL_CTL_ADD over EPOLL_CTL_MOD in some more cases, as it
seems the former is *much* faster than the latter.
- linux kernel version detection (for inotify bug workarounds)
did not work properly.
- reduce the number of spurious wake-ups with the ports backend.
- remove dependency on sys/queue.h on freebsd (patch by Vanilla Hsu).
- do async init within ev_async_start, not ev_async_set, which avoids
an API quirk where the set function must be called in the C++ API
even when there is nothing to set.
- add (undocumented) EV_ENABLE when adding events with kqueue,
this might help with OS X, which seems to need it despite documenting
not to need it (helpfully pointed out by Tilghman Lesher).
- do not use poll by default on freebsd, it's broken (what isn't
- allow to embed epoll on kernels >= 2.6.32.
- configure now prepends -O3, not appends it, so one can still
- ev.pod: greatly expanded the portability section, added a porting
section, a description of watcher states and made lots of minor fixes.
- disable poll backend on AIX, the poll header spams the namespace
and it's not worth working around dead platforms (reported
and analyzed by Aivars Kalvans).
- improve header file compatibility of the standalone eventfd code
in an obscure case.
- implement EV_AVOID_STDIO option.
- do not use sscanf to parse linux version number (smaller, faster,
no sscanf dependency).
- new EV_CHILD_ENABLE and EV_SIGNAL_ENABLE configurable settings.
- update libev.m4 HAVE_CLOCK_SYSCALL test for newer glibcs.
- add section on accept() problems to the manpage.
- switch to two-digit minor version.
- work around an apparent gentoo compiler bug.
- define _DARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT. just so.
- improve compatibility to older C++ compilers.
- (experimental) ev_run/ev_default_loop/ev_break/ev_loop_new have now
default arguments when compiled as C++.
- enable automake dependency tracking.
- ev_loop_new no longer leaks memory when loop creation failed.
- new ev_cleanup watcher type.
The choice of a Deliantra, the free code+content MORPG
-----==- _GNU_ http://www.deliantra.net
----==-- _ generation
---==---(_)__ __ ____ __ Marc Lehmann
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / schmorp at schmorp.de
More information about the libev