[libeio] Patch / Addition of eio_mkstemp, eio_realpath, eio_access

Micheil Smith micheil at brandedcode.com
Sat Feb 20 09:35:25 CET 2010

Hi all,

I've recently been doing work with the node.js project, and I've been updating their filesystem module to support a lot more of the functionality that lbeio provides. I have come across a few cases where libeio doesn't provide something that may be really useful, these cases are:
- mkstemp — I have an implementation of this already working on top of eio_custom, but it'd be good to see it in the library itself.
- realpath or canonicalize_file_name — I don't currently have an implementation of this, although, it shouldn't be too hard to implement.
- access — I also don't have an implementation of this, but the use case is for this is to check if a file is readable / writable / executable by the process's uid/gid (If I'm understanding the documentation on it correctly).

I'd be willing to try and implement patches for these, although, I haven't done a heap of C++ before. Would these methods be considered for inclusion in libeio?

Thanks
Micheil Smith