Signal problem

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Jan 8 10:11:34 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 10:13:42AM -0800, Tim McClarren <tim at idle-games.com> wrote:
> SEGV does not get handled in a way that I would expect, so I wrote a
> little test for it.

So what do you expect? There is no portable way to continue from
segfaults, and segfaults are asynchronous.

> I'm probably missing something obvious, or doing something wrong.

What you try to do makes no sense - segfaults are a serious issue, you
can't just pretend nothing has happened and continue (you would have to
*fix* the problem and tell your program where to continue afterwards).

You need to write your own handler to do that.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com