Using libev in a GUI

Tim McClarren tim at idle-games.com
Wed Jan 6 02:29:15 CET 2010

I have had no problems using loops inside background threads.  Just
create a new loop in that thread an ev_loop on it.

Using ev_async's to communicate between loops that are being pumped in
different threads seems to work nicely.

Just use ev_loop_new to create a new loop, and then ev_loop on that
newly created loop.  If you need to handle signals, you'll want to use
the default loop though.