Solaris crash using port backend

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Dec 23 06:17:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:27:30PM -0800, Eric Brown <yogieric at gmail.com> wrote:
> abort() is being called from within ev_syserr. I think optimization is on so some routines are hidden, but I believe ev_syserr() is being called from port_poll. It looks like port_getn() is returning -1, but errno is not being set. gdb says errno is 0. Seems unlikely according to the port_getn() man page, but this is what gdb reports:

Have you checked stderr of your app? The only call to ev_syserr is this one:

 ev_syserr ("(libev) port_getn (see http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6268715, try LIBEV_FLAGS=3 env variable)");

So please try and see http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6268715

Also, there are a number of port-related bugs in the solaris kernel, make
sure you have all patches applied.

If your system is uptodate, then the error message that libev prints would
be very helpful.

Of course, it could be a bug somewhere else as well (the prot backend
doesn't receive a lot of testing), but so far, all known issues are within
the solaris kernel.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com