compiling EV / libev on windows

Simon simonhf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:12:56 CEST 2009

I can compile EV for Perl on windows and all Perl tests pass. However
the resulting .dll is only usable by Perl. How can I modify the EV
build scripts so that an additional libev.lib file is generated which
can be linked against C source rather than Perl, i.e. I want to use
the Perl EV module test suite to test the libev.lib which will be used
in a non-Perl, C language project. It would be very 'comfortable' (as
the Germans say :-) ) if libev.lib could be a by-product of the EV
build process. Or is there a better way? Thanks, Simon