libev-3.7 has just been released
schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Jul 17 16:56:09 CEST 2009
I am pleased to announce libev 3.7.
The biggest bugfix is that ev_unloop errnornously used a global variable, a
vestige of pre-multiplicity times.
A relatively large number of new features and functions have been added,
most notably a way to release access to loop data structures while ev_loop
is blocking, making it easier to use an event loop from multiple threads
(before one needed to wait util the loop is woken up, e.g. by ev_async,
now one only needs to add the watcher and wake the loop up).
The complete changes are:
3.7 Fri Jul 17 16:36:32 CEST 2009
- ev_unloop and ev_loop wrongly used a global variable to exit loops,
instead of using a per-loop variable (bug caught by accident...).
- the ev_set_io_collect_interval interpretation has changed.
- add new functionality: ev_set_userdata, ev_userdata,
ev_invoke_pending, ev_pending_count, together with a long example
about thread locking.
- add ev_timer_remaining (as requested by Denis F. Latypoff).
- add ev_loop_depth.
- calling ev_unloop in fork/prepare watchers will no longer poll
for new events.
- Denis F. Latypoff corrected many typos in example code snippets.
- honor autoconf detection of EV_USE_CLOCK_SYSCALL, also double-
check that the syscall number is available before trying to
use it (reported by ry at tinyclouds).
- use GetSystemTimeAsFileTime instead of _timeb on windows, for
slightly higher accuracy.
- properly declare ev_loop_verify and ev_now_update even when
- do not compile in any priority code when EV_MAXPRI == EV_MINPRI.
- support EV_MINIMAL==2 for a reduced API.
- actually 0-initialise struct sigaction when installing signals.
- add section on hibernate and stopped processes to ev_timer docs.
The choice of a Deliantra, the free code+content MORPG
-----==- _GNU_ http://www.deliantra.net
----==-- _ generation
---==---(_)__ __ ____ __ Marc Lehmann
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / pcg at goof.com
More information about the libev