libev release imminent, please give it a try
schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Jul 15 19:07:28 CEST 2009
The 3.7 release of libev is going to be soon, and there have been
uncharacteristically many changes.
It would be nice if people could test it. The preliminary ev release
tarball is at http://data.plan9.de/libev-3.7.tar.gz
For perl hackers, the EV perl module can be found at
http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/EV.html, and if you check out EV-Loop-Async
instead you even get a fully asynchronous EV loop running in another
Your feedback is appreciated.
The full changes list is:
- ev_unloop and ev_loop wrongly used a global variable to exit loops,
instead of using a per-loop variable (bug caught by accident...).
- the ev_set_io_collect_interval interpretation has changed.
- add new functionality: ev_set_userdata, ev_userdata,
ev_invoke_pending, together with a long example about thread
- add ev_timer_remaining (as requested by Denis F. Latypoff).
- add ev_loop_depth.
- calling ev_unloop in fork/prepare watchers will no longer poll
for new events.
- Denis F. Latypoff corrected many typos in example code snippets.
- honor autoconf detection of EV_USE_CLOCK_SYSCALL, also double-
check that the syscall number is available before trying to
use it (reported by ry at tinyclouds).
- use GetSystemTimeAsFileTime instead of _timeb on windows, for
slightly higher accuracy.
- properly declare ev_loop_verify and ev_now_update even when
- do not compile in any priority code when EV_MAXPRI == EV_MINPRI.
- support EV_MINIMAL==2 for a reduced API.
- actually 0-initialise struct sigaction when installing signals.
- add section on hibernate and stopped processes to ev_timer docs.
The choice of a Deliantra, the free code+content MORPG
-----==- _GNU_ http://www.deliantra.net
----==-- _ generation
---==---(_)__ __ ____ __ Marc Lehmann
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / pcg at goof.com
More information about the libev