Can I use ev_loop only for read ?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sat Mar 14 04:58:54 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 12:22:37AM +0800, xiang qian <xqterry at gmail.com> wrote:
> While read & write event of a fd is triggered in same loop of one
> thread, the callbacks are called one by one.
> I am forwarding data between 2 fds, just want to read from & write to fd
> concurrently.

I guess the reason you never got a reply to this is thta nobody understood
what you mean. If you wnat only one callback invocation, you cna use a single
watcher with both EV_READ and WRITE.

If you want to read and write from a fd conmcurrently, you ineed need two
threads, but most likely, that's not the best solution.

> On 2009-3-8, at PM9:20, Ryan Dahl wrote:

also, quoting all mails you received is a great waste of our time - we
already have those mails, and looking through them to see that you did not
reply to it takes time.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com