inotify features

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Tue Feb 17 22:03:18 CET 2009

Hi,

First, I'm a new users of libev -- I have to say, this is a terrific library. It's *extremely* straight forward to use and very well documented. Thanks!

Has there been any discussion of deepening the integration with inotify? Specifically, I'd love the ability to add inotify watches. I know that inotify is used in the stat watcher, but stat is limited to, well, stat changes :)

For the application I'm working on now, the key functionality missing in the stat support is the ability to detect new and deleted files when watching a directory.

Garrett