libev and sockets question

Leon ljbrits at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:36:40 CET 2009

Hi all,

I've got a socket app which uses libev to wait for connections and
another to connect to it. This all works fine, except for when I connect
to my listening socket with telnet. If I do I get a continues stream of
recv events even though I only connect using telnet - nothing is send.
The recv's all fail with error EGAIN since I am using non - blocking
sockets.

Does anybody have an idea why a telnet connection will cause this?
Is there a way to clear the error/data which causes the event - assuming
the recv() does not clear it?

Thanks
Leon

Using: FreeBSD with poll backend and libev 3.45