quick question...

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Feb 12 14:34:48 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 08:53:06AM +0100, Malek Hadj-Ali <malek at lcde.net> wrote:
> ...just to be sure that I am the one making a mistake: are signal and
> async watchers supposed to work on win32?

Yes, to the extent possible on that broken platform (windows doesn't
really support signals, async watchers should work fine).

> As soon as I start one of them I get "(libev) error creating
> signal/async pipe" (line 1036 of ev.c), and before I dig a bit more
> into this I'd like to know if I'm not chasing a wild goose.

Which version of libev is this? You might be running into the broken vista
tcp/ip stack there, or a firewall issue - on windows, libev has to create
a tcp socket by connecting to a port bound to localhost for this to work
(due to lack of both local sockets and socketpair).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com