Regression with libev v3.51 and io watchers on pipes

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Jan 7 00:36:51 CET 2009

Hi all,

Having recently tried updating from libev v3.49 to v3.51 on MacOSX, I
have noticed that my io watchers that watch pipes (fifos, or stdout) no
longer work.

After receiving a single read event, no more read events are received,
even when data is written to the pipe and therefore available for
reading by the application. In the case of writes, the write event also
seems to happen once and then switch itself off.

Downgrading back to v3.49 fixes the problem, the behaviour of the pipe
io watchers returns to normal. Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Graham