libev under QNX 6.3.2

Rodrigo Campos rodrigocc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:18:05 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:30:55PM -0200, Rodrigo Campos <rodrigocc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What I have to do to compile libev on QNX 6.3.2 is edit "configure"
>> file and replace poll.h with sys/poll.h. QNX 6.3.2 (at least) does not
>> include /usr/include it uses /usr/qnx632/target/qnx6/usr/include/ and
>> poll is in "sys" there. I've checked in opengroup and the standard
>> seems to be without "sys", so I guess this is a QNX bug.
>
> You can fix thta simply by giving configure the corretc include path to
> work with, no changes required.

Ahhh, thanks.

>> Then run ./configure and then edit config.h: I have to undef
>> HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H and HAVE_SELECT (it fails to compile otherwise, I
>> can send the error if you want, but I think its probably another QNX
>> bug :)
>
> Yes, that would be interesting, maybe it can be workarounded, in which
> case it would work out of the box.

I've just changed config.h and defined HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H and
HAVE_SELECT, then run make:

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/rata/libev/test/libev-3.51'
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.
-g -O2 -O3 -c -o ev.lo `test -f 'ev.c' || echo './'`ev.c
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O2 -O3 -c ev.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ev.o
In file included from ev.c:1223:
ev_select.c: In function `select_poll':
ev_select.c:162: `NFDBITS' undeclared (first use in this function)
ev_select.c:162: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ev_select.c:162: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [ev.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/rata/libev/test/libev-3.51'
make: *** [all] Error 2

is there anything else you want me to try ?

>> Is there something else I could try to be sure that libev works OK on QNX ?
>
> Not really - you'd probably run into more problems if you wanted to compile
> more complicated programs for it.

So if my program doesn't behave as expected it could be some bug
running libev on QNX or a bug in my program ?

Isn't there any complicated test I can run to be sure that at least
libev does well on some complicated tests ?

Thanks a lot,
Rodrigo