How do I cancel a timer?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Dec 19 17:13:47 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:52:30AM +0200, Graham Leggett <minfrin at sharp.fm> wrote:
> This is so nineties, seriously :)

And you are starting to get needlessly insulting.

> C is not a difficult language at all, and it doesn't have to be.

Right, but you apparently make it one.

> A well written well structured library should give the programmer
> assertions that the code is still sane,

libev is that and does just that - there are 45 assertions in the
(relatively short) code that mostly check user input.

> and when you are on a critical performance path, you should be able to
> make the assertions disappear using a #define.

That's the case with libev already.

> Performance means nothing whatsoever if the code is unreliable,

True, which is why you probably shouldn't write in C, as you have trouble
understanding memory management and the rules of the C language regarding
what acessess are valid and what aren't.

> and if your code doesn't help my code be reliable, a point is reached
> when the library collapses under it's own weight:

Well, upo your ass, go elsewhere then, I won't help you anymore.

> man assert

man brain indeed - that proves your absolute incompetence. next time you
make stupid statements such as that, you are well advised to actually *read*
the code you are talking about.

*plonk*

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com