How do I cancel a timer?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Dec 17 12:02:07 CET 2008

Marc Lehmann wrote:

> You can initialise the timer as many times as you want, as long as it isn't
> started.
>
> Although this is completely obvious (when you start a timer, obviously you
> can't just reinitialise the memory it uses), this is also mentioned very
> strongly in the manual.

I don't see anything obvious about this at all.

If a timer that has been started is reinitialised, I would expect it to
either a) abort/assert with an error, or b) remove the first timer
cleanly before reinitialising it.

Right now the behaviour is that the timer stop is ignored, and that is
looks broken to me.

Regards,
Graham