Poll / Kqueue on Mac OS X

Space Ship Traveller space.ship.traveller at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 05:07:56 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm not sure what all the problems are regarding the kqueue API,
however I've encountered one problem with kqueue, which is that
monitoring stdin doesn't work at all.

I've actually resolved this problem with a rather roundabout hack. If
you are interested to support poll and kqueue on Mac OS X and other
platforms which might be broken in this way, there is some example
code here which I have tested and used successfully:

http://wiki.oriontransfer.org/doku.php?id=poll_and_kqueue

There might be other problems with poll and kqueue - if so I'd be
interested to hear about it.

Kind regards,
Samuel