Unit tests, sample code, mirrored site?

Jim Lloyd jlloyd at silvertailsystems.com
Thu Nov 20 00:42:18 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm evaluating libev and libevent for immediate use in a project I want to
do over the next 7-10 days. The documentation for libev is much better than
libevent, so I am leaning toward using libev. However, I was surprised that
there doesn't seem to be any unit tests included in the tar ball. Are there
any unit tests? If so, can they be made available?

And what about other sample code?

Also, software.schmorp.de seems to be slow from my location in San
Francisco. Is the site mirrored in the U.S.?

Finally, the short example program given near the beginning of ev.pod does
not compile as is. The first line of main currently reads:

     ev_loop *loop = ev_default_loop (0);

I had to change it to instead read:

     struct ev_loop *loop = ev_default_loop (0);

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Jim