mingw compat note

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:05:20 CET 2008

Appears that for windows [at least currently] you don't need to
specify  EV_SELECT_IS_WINSOCKET 1 since it's auto-set is that right?

For my instance I discovered that attempting to do:

#include <ruby.h>

#include <ev.h>
#include "ev.c"

/* now do some ruby stuff that uses libev */

caused conflict as some #define macros in ruby.h overwrote vital
components of libev [ex: select -> rb_w32_select] which was messing it
up.

I think that separating the ev stuff and the ruby stuff to their own
.o files might help it.

Thanks for your patience :)

re: FD_SETSIZE as a quick and easy fix for win32 more
descriptors--true, I haven't had too much success with it using
msvcrt6 though it should work.  I assume libev does nothing when you
pass it more file descriptors than FD_SETSIZE?

Nice docs, BTW--good documentation is rare.
Thanks!

-=R