Stat changes not picked up on MacOSX 10.5.

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Oct 28 14:49:00 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 01:38:33PM +0200, Graham Leggett <minfrin at sharp.fm> wrote:
> Using the code below,

(which has been badly garbled by your mailer and doesn't compile)

> I am expecting the event loop to run the callback
> when I touch or edit the file to which I am pointing
> (directorry->directory), but for some reason this doesn't happen.

Do you really store the path of a _file_ in a variable named _directory_?

If yes, then it is a mystery.

>                 ev_stat_init(&directory_watcher, watch_directory_cb,
>                                 directory->directory, 0.);

What's the value of directory->directory and which file/path do you
actually change?

> TIMEOUT, 0.);

What's the value of TIMEOUT? Is it larger than the default stat interval
(which is ~5s)?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com