libebb

ry dahl ry at tinyclouds.org
Sun Jul 20 13:36:28 CEST 2008

Hello libev users,

I would like to announce a new project called libebb. It aims at being
a lightweight high-performance HTTP server library for C. It ties
together a HTTP parser, some socket handling, and libev. This project
is a rather complete rewrite of the backend used in my Ruby language
web server called Ebb. Eventually, when libebb stabilizes,  Ruby-Ebb
will use libebb as its back-end.

There are several novel things being done in libebb. The parser
handles pipelined requests, chunked uploads, and basically any sort of
HTTP/1.1 compliant junk. The library itself does not allocate any
buffers - it passes those decisions of to the users so they might use
their own memory pools or whatever.

The webpage is http://tinyclouds.org/libebb/ and the source code can
be downloaded at http://github.com/ry/libebb/tree/master

Thanks,