Duma and libev, cont'd....and a leak found

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Jun 20 13:31:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 01:22:20PM -0700, Michael Leib <michael.leib at hypermediasystems.com> wrote:
> working as I have found what I belive is a memory leak in libev when dealing with signals and the deafult loop.

It's not a leak, search the list archives for details if you are intersted.

> 1) The "signals" array is never freed

So is your code section and your data section. Are these leaks? No...

> 2) Pending signal events are not restored to to system default handling when the default loop is destroyed.

Yes, signals are only reported to the default loop, but they are a
process-global resource.

> I hope this e-mail brings out a shortcoming and provides a solution. I would not have caught this without duma.

Careful reading of the libev docs or looking at the list archives would have
helped as well.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com