Error when configuring libeio

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Mon Jun 16 14:37:26 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 04:04:05PM +0200, ry dahl <ry at tinyclouds.org> wrote:
> I also have trouble building. I believe the Makefile.am is not checked
> in and perhaps the autogen.sh should have automake --add-missing ? I'm
> not familiar with autoconf either.

added.

> Marc, is it possible to have a EIO_STANDALONE symbol for easy
> embedding in projects?

not really, a lot of functionality would be missing (for example, working
aio_read/write... cannot be safely emulated without pread/pwrite).

Of course, things could be improved, but it would still be of limited use
(for example, even when pread/pwrite should be available according to the
posix symbols, it does not mean they are there, or working).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com