Error when configuring libeio

Paul Colomiets pc at gafol.net
Mon Jun 9 19:21:54 CEST 2008

Marc Lehmann wrote:

> You need an install (and working!) libtool, automake and autoconf to
> configure the CVS tree.
I've reinstalled them with no success. Versions:

automake-1.10.1-2  autoconf-2.62-1  libtool-2.2.4-1

They are core packages from Arch. So I guess they should work.
I'm also able to build libev with them (after running aclocal)

Still same:

[pc at pc libeio-build]$ ./autogen.sh
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros
in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
[pc at pc libeio-build]$ ./configure
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in "." "./.."
"./../.."

P.S.: There are no Makefile.am. Is it OK? (I'm actually not familiar
with automake and co.)

--
Paul