libeio, Windows

Tony Arcieri tony at medioh.com
Thu Jun 5 01:37:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 04:00:40PM -0600, Tony Arcieri <tony at medioh.com>
> wrote:
> I don't think that logic makes much sense - for files, libeio can be used,
> for file descriptors supporting non-blicking operation, libev can be used.
>
> They are complementary, not exclusive to each other. Using one does not
> preclude using the other, in fatc, most programs would probbaly take
> advantage of both if both are available.

My main use case would be a generic Proactor for file descriptors, hence my
concern over a lack of support from sockets.

If I'm understanding you correctly, libeio doesn't fit Proactor semantics.
That said, I entirely agree that both patterns (I/O completions vs.
readiness notifications) need do be accessible alongside each other, as
there's use cases for both.

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com