Compilation on windows

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Jun 4 09:46:03 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 02:46:59PM +1000, Chris Hulbert <chris.hulbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> indeed the first parameter of the select() function is ignored so it

Close to truth: winsocket's select function indeed ignores it, most other
implementations of it do not (on unix, you rarely have more than one, but
on windows you have a dozen or so select()'s).

> doesn't matter, we could leave it as zero even.

Thanks for analysing this and your patch! I will add a dummy definition
of NFDBITS when libev is configured for winsockets select - could you
give CVS a try? (You don't have to: your patch should work fine for your
environment, but I cnanot use it directly)

You cna chekc out a copy as described here under Anonymous CVS checkout:

   http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html

(the CVS version also contains another fix for non-blocking connects on
windows which might be worth using).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com