libeio, Windows

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Jun 4 09:36:18 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 04:00:40PM -0600, Tony Arcieri <tony at medioh.com> wrote:
> All right, all that said, it looks like libeio can't be used as the basis of
> a Proactor (particularly one that needs to deal with sockets in addition to
> files, etc).  My mistake.

Just as libev can't be used for the same thing: it doesn't work on files.

I don't think that logic makes much sense - for files, libeio can be used,
for file descriptors supporting non-blicking operation, libev can be used.

They are complementary, not exclusive to each other. Using one does not
preclude using the other, in fatc, most programs would probbaly take
advantage of both if both are available.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com