libeio, Windows (was: Binding Libev to Digitalmars' D)

Tony Arcieri tony at medioh.com
Tue Jun 3 06:52:36 CEST 2008

First let me say: I've really been meaning to check out libeio.  Ruby is
frankly a pretty lousy language for building a Proactor library on top of
the Reactor library.  Non-blocking socket reads/writes are barely supported
and poorly implemented.  It'd be really nice to replace all that Ruby with C
code that actually works well.

That said, I assume I can use libeio alongside libev?  There's certain
things I don't believe I can do on top of a Proactor (SSL, for example)

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:

> It's a completely, utterly, broken platform.

Not that I have any real interest from a practical perspective, but have you
considered trying to map Win32 I/O completion ports to libeio?  It seems
like the only option for I/O on Windows that doesn't completely and
thoroughly suck.

I've received quite a few requests for supporting Rev on Windows, and at
this point I don't even want to bother... right now I'm just hoping someone
will do the work for me and release a patch.

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com