Binding Libev to Digitalmars' D

Chris Hulbert chris.hulbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 06:08:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm having a couple of dramas getting libev 3.41 to run on windows xp
using the DMC compiler (digital mars).

I've created a file, 'myev.c', like so:

#define EV_USE_SELECT 1
#define EV_SELECT_IS_WINSOCKET 1   /* forces EV_SELECT_USE_FD_SET, too */
#define EV_STANDALONE 1
#define EV_STAT_ENABLE 0
#define NBBY    8
#define NFDBITS (sizeof(long) * NBBY)
#include "ev.c"

I compile it with this command:

\dm\bin\dmc myev.c -c

I then compile it with some D bindings, but I won't include that here
for the sake of keeping this post short.
When it runs, I get the following error:

Assertion failure: '("libev only supports socket fds in this
configuration", ioctlsocket (anfd->handle, FIONREAD, &argp)
 == 0)' on line 710 in file 'ev.c'

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong - are my #define statements
wrong in the myev.c ?

Cheers

Chris