Libev on windows, binding to the D language

Hulbert Chris CHulbert at woolworths.com.au
Mon Jun 2 05:57:57 CEST 2008

> Hi all,
> I'm having a couple of dramas getting libev 3.41 to run on windows xp
> using the DMC compiler (digital mars).
>
> I've created a file, 'myev.c', like so:
>
> #define EV_USE_SELECT 1
> #define EV_SELECT_IS_WINSOCKET 1   /* forces EV_SELECT_USE_FD_SET, too
> */
> #define EV_STANDALONE 1
> #define EV_STAT_ENABLE 0
> #define NBBY    8
> #define NFDBITS (sizeof(long) * NBBY)
> #include "ev.c"
>
> I compile it with this command:
>
> \dm\bin\dmc myev.c -c
>
> I then compile it with some D bindings, but I won't include that here
> for the sake of keeping this post short.
> When it runs, I get the following error:
>
> Assertion failure: '("libev only supports socket fds in this
> configuration", ioctlsocket (anfd->handle, FIONREAD, &argp)
>  == 0)' on line 710 in file 'ev.c'
>
> Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong - are my #define statements
> wrong in the myev.c ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris Hulbert

CAUTION: This email and files included in its transmission
are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you receive this email in error, please advise us
immediately and delete it without copying the contents
contained within. Woolworths Limited (including its group
of companies) do not accept liability for the views
expressed within or the consequences of any computer
viruses that may be transmitted with this email. The
contents are also subject to copyright. No part of it
should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the
written consent of the copyright owner.