announcing libeio development

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sun May 11 18:54:03 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 03:26:39PM +0300, Paul Colomiets <pc at gafol.net> wrote:
> After bringing topic on AIO I've actually started writing
> a server based on libev, which understands a subset of
> HTTP protocol and can be used for perfomance benchmarks.

That reminds me - libeio has a portable sendfile + sendfile emulation, but
libeio is not the place where you would expect that, as sendfile is usually
often in event-based situations.

I guess I should expose the eio_sendfile so people can take avdantage of
it even when they want it to be synchronous or non-blocking.

> (including comparing AIO with traditional sendfile
> and other approaches).

I am convinced it all depends on the specific problem and environment :)

> I have no much time for this task, but sooner or later
> it will be ready.

No hurry.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com