new 4-heap code - please give it a try

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu May 8 22:49:43 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 05:22:03PM -0500, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's some simple demo code that seems to exhibit the issue I'm seeing
> with cvs's timers, using two single-shot timers of 3 and 10 seconds.
> Switching the order of the ev_timer_start()s makes it behave better.

Yes, I just hit a similar problem, too, the 4-heap upheap function is
buggy. Similarity of code (to the 2-heap variant) can be deceiving :/
Should now be fixed now in CVS.

Thanks a lot for your test program (my own test is much more clumsy :).

(I'll probably add it as a testcase as well, as the existing timer tests
didn't catch it due to the use of enough timers).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com