[Libevent-users] FYI: libevent/libev benchmark updated for libevent-1.4.3

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu May 8 22:40:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:03:06AM -0500, Dan <dan at sunsaturn.com> wrote:
> Think I tried Ev once, to many bugs, hell couldn't even set a timer within
> a timer as I remember,

In no release ever was there such a bug. libev and EV are used in many
production environments and projects, too and have proven their stability
by now.

FYI: This dan guy is not an unknown, he regularly trolls, and has proven
many times that he has no clue of programming, how to pass arguments
etc.. This is from his earlier mails:

From: Dan <dan at sunsaturn.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 01:55:04 -0500 (CDT)
#> Like your perl EV module but kinda pointless without letting us have args.
#>
#> need to do $blah->blah($a,$b,\%c,\@d);
#>
#> I notice new version out of libevent....are you going to maintain this?
#> Like to make this my event library....

(So his main problem was not having a clue about the programming language
he wanted to use, namely Perl).

From: Dan <dan at sunsaturn.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:39:56 -0500 (CDT)
#> Sorry I am abit of a noob to events still. I been doing alot of research
#> on what the fastest, best module would be to use and yours seems like it
#> would be by far the fastest and use the least memory.
[...]
#> What I thought I would do is use your excellent module and use events.

So back then it was an excellent module for you, that is, until I told you to
read a good book about perl first.

Apparently, you don't want to improve your programming skills, lieing
about other people's work is enough for you. Try again.

> This EV stuff just meant to undermine the hardwork of the folks at
> libevent?

No, you are just an idiot, and a bad liar and top.

The benchmark document explains exactly how these timings were derived
and how to reproduce them, including the source to the benchmark, exact
version numbers for the libraires used, compiler flags etc., for everybody
to verify. If you don't believe the numbers you can verify them yourself,
as well as the validity of the benchmark numbers and the implementation.

You are certainly not doing the libevent developers any good by trolling
and spreading lies: I am sure they don't need the support of fanboys like
you.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com