OSX kqueue support

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue May 6 13:51:46 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 12:19:30AM -0400, Thomas Harning <harningt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering... has there been any testing done w/ OSX and kqueues?

Yes.

> It 'looks' like libevent has kqueues working from their regression
> tests... but I'm not sure.

Only with sockets.

> I just got a MacIntel w/ Leopard (10.5.2) running and wanted to see if
> I could get libev up and running at full speed...

From what I was told(!), devices still don't work with 10.5, which makes kqueue
useless as generic event model.

Note that libev fully supports kqueue on OS X, it is just not suitable for a
generic event loop. You can always create your own loop using kqueue with
libev but then it is up to you to make sure you use only those fetaures of
kqueue that happen to work with os x.

> If there's any unit tests or regression tests for libev, please send
> them my way and I can run/test them out...

They are part of the EV perl module, available from the same place as libev.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com