Announce: pyev-0.1.0

Malek Hadj-Ali malek at lcde.net
Fri Mar 7 11:43:22 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm kinda pleased to announce pyev-0.1.0, a python extension module for
libev. Downloads and install instructions are
at: http://pyev.googlecode.com.

Please consider this first release as a design proposal, I will welcome
any suggestion or help to improve it.
I'm learning libev and the Python/C API, by doing this, so expect bugs
and/or errors on how it should work.

I'm also a bit ashamed to admit that I didn't implement ev_async
watchers because I didn't understand how they work, so if someone is
willing to provide a basic working example of how you can wake up a
loop from another one with ev_async watchers (no need for something
fancy with threads and so on), I'd love to have another go at it.

I couldn't test ev_embed watchers because none of the supported
backends on my linux box are embeddable.

Todo (if there is no major design change requests):
- implement ev_async (help!)
- implement simple watchers following observer pattern, as
suggested by Tony Arcieri.
- anything you guys might think of.

hope it helps

malek