python/callback

Eric Brown yogieric.list at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 02:18:17 CET 2008

Hi Malek,
I'm not that particular about the low-level you're asking about here. I know
a few people that might eventually be interested and will forward them your
work.

My suggestion, however, would be to consider adding a layer on top of your
thin API for the open-source Eventlet stuff secondlife is developing --
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Eventlet. The co-routines provided there
remove the need to think about callbacks all the time. That is, the state is
stored in the stack of a given co-routine (eventlet).

I only wish there was a mainstream co-routine library for gcc/g++.

Cheers,
Eric