some questions

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Feb 12 12:55:12 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:40:14AM +0100, Malek Hadj-Ali <malek at lcde.net> wrote:
> 1/ Is it okay to copy/paste the documentation into my own work
> (adjusting it where it needs to be adjusted, of course).

Yes, as long as you adhere to the libev license when doing so.

> 2/ I intended to publish it under the GPL2 licence. Is it okay with
> you, Mark?

Marc, and it is your decision. I think it is pointless to wrap a bsd
licensed library with a (likely thin) GPL2 (only?) wrapper, but it is your
code.

> Do you think it is compatible with your own licence?

It explicitly mentions this in every file. It is both compatible and can
be relicensed to GPL version 2 or any later version. Note that you will have
to maintain your own copy of the library then, as libev cannot accept
gpl-only code.

> If not what kind of free licence would you recommend?

I'd recommend using the same license as libev itself (read ev.h for
details), to avoid confusion by users.

But it really _is_ up to you.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com