siginfo_t type signal handlers?

libev at lendecke.de libev at lendecke.de
Thu Jan 31 11:37:09 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:26:04AM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:49:14PM +0100, libev at lendecke.de wrote:
> > Would it make sense to support the extended signal handlers
> > with the
>
> Maybe, but
>
> a) its not really used a lot
> b) where it makes most sense is when you do want (or even need)
>    in-handler reactions
> c) you would need to queue the siginfo_t in userspace, something I'd
>    rather avoid.
> d) siginfo_t contents are not in general valid after the signal handler
>    returns, so in those cases you could not even queue if you wanted

At least for the oplock case it would be very difficult to
do all the necessary handling in the signal handler, so you
would have to store the data somewhere. If libev would
provide an interface to feed data (in the case I'm
interested in it would be a file descriptor) into the event
loop safely from a signal handler, this should be
sufficient.

Volker