siginfo_t type signal handlers?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Jan 31 11:26:04 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:49:14PM +0100, libev at lendecke.de wrote:
> Would it make sense to support the extended signal handlers
> with the

Maybe, but

a) its not really used a lot
b) where it makes most sense is when you do want (or even need)
   in-handler reactions
c) you would need to queue the siginfo_t in userspace, something I'd
   rather avoid.
d) siginfo_t contents are not in general valid after the signal handler
   returns, so in those cases you could not even queue if you wanted

Therefore I see it of little use to support this, as its too hard to
support in the general case. I'd rather suggest app writers requiring this
functionality should create their own signal handler and feed their own
events into the loop (which I plan to make easier by supporting ev_async
watchers).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com