New iteration over the ev++ improvement patch.

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Jan 22 12:31:30 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 10:26:54PM -0200, Leandro Lucarella <llucax at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Because we cannot initialise that static variable, or the user again ahs to
> > call a method, which brings us back to the beginning of havign a method that
> > needs to be called.
>
> User will need to call a method/funtion always,

Not with the solution I proposed, no?

> calling the constructor is less explicit, but you didn't like the explicit
> instantiation either. So I don't understand what's your idea.

Giving the user a variable instead of having to call a method.

> > Remember the reason for this static thingabob was to avoid having to call
> > a method in the first place.
>
> I don't remember. I don't understand what you mean either :)

Well, read back the e-mail thread then :)

The starting point was that we would like to have a cariable instead of
havign to call a function (a syntactical thing), and I provided a way to do
that.

The redeeming quality of that is that we could replace it by a variable at
a later time.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com