New iteration over the ev++ improvement patch.

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Mon Jan 21 18:06:10 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 12:43:15PM -0200, Leandro Lucarella <llucax at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't think it's that nice to compulsively add a variable to each
> > translation unit, but since it doesn't take any space is not that bad.

I am sure it does take space (it probably has to, unique address and all
:)

> If we assume we can do that, why don't just making the old default_loop
> instantiated as a static global variable? That way is more
> straightforward.

Because we cannot initialise that static variable, or the user again ahs to
call a method, which brings us back to the beginning of havign a method that
needs to be called.

Remember the reason for this static thingabob was to avoid having to call
a method in the first place.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com