Bug with signal delivery after fork.

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Jan 18 12:18:12 CET 2008

> > You have to start your watcher before looping, otherwise it does return when
> > no other watchers are active.
>
> *sigh*
>
> But since I may not _want_ to start watch signals in the child until much
> later, I don't have a watcher I want to start, unless I make one up

When you have no watchers at all, you of course have no signal watchers
either (because signal watchers are watchers). The child process inherits
your watchers, if you want to start with an empty event loop, you have
destroy and recreate the event loop.

Also, there is no race that you need to patch out - I would be much more
open if you stopped making unfounded claims like that, just because you
don't understand things (it might be that the documentation is unclear or
even wrong, but that doesn't warrant making incorrect statements).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com