[RFC] extending ev++.h to add C++ loop wrappers.

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:14:34 CET 2008

Marc Lehmann, el 16 de enero a las 05:43 me escribiste:
> Not if you are convinced its what people predominantly want. I have as
> much data on that as you (i.e. mostly my own: I have more READ than write
> watchers, but I don't see why it should be the default. Think readability:
>
>    start (fd); // waits for read events
>
> this doesn't look intuitive when I remove the comment).

BTW, I noticed you can already do this:

ev::io w;
w.set (READ);

// In a galaxy far, far away from the previous code:

w.start (fd); // woops! not that intuitive ;)

I will remove the default anyways because I'm a pythonic guy and I should
remember that explicit is better than implicit ;)