[ANN] Ebb Web Server

ry dahl ry at tinyclouds.org
Mon Jan 14 18:02:43 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm writing a web server called Ebb. It's written in C, makes use of
the Mongrel HTTP parser, and uses libev The goal is to be small, fast,
and language independent server that can host web frameworks. I have
written a small Ruby binding which provides a Rack[1] handler - this
will allow Ebb to host Rails, Merb, and other Ruby frameworks. In the
future I will write a Python WSGI binding.

Of interest to libev users is a tcp server class that I've written for
Ebb. It provides a simple interface to an evented TCP server - in less
than 500 lines of code.

There is much work to do; it is not ready for use. I am soliciting
help from the community for testing and development. You may browse
the git repository at http://repo.or.cz/w/ebb.git or check out the
code with this command:
git clone git://repo.or.cz/ebb.git
I release Ebb under the MIT license.