kqueue for sockets on freebsd (non-polling)

Eric Brown yogieric.list at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:20:35 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple, fast server for freebsd that can handle
thousands of open connections - all sockets. Tentatively one loop per
thread / one thread per core (not sure how/if I'll get thread affinity).

Anyway, I read a number of concerns about libev & kqueue. Since all I
care about are sockets, can I get libev to use kqueue in an efficient
non-polling mode? Or am I better off looking at libevent or using
kqueue directly?

Sorry, I'm new to libev and kqueue - more used to using select()
directly or other higher level APIs. But libev looks really great.

Cheers,
Eric