Why does libev comes with event.c and event.h?

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:03:18 CET 2008

Hi! I'm making a debian package out of libev-2.01.tar.gz and I founded
that it comes with event.{c,h}. I thought libevent compatibility stuff
only came with libevent-1.4.0-beta+libev-2.01.tar.gz.

The problem is the resulting package conflicts with libevent package
(because both have event.h), but it has not much sense because no
libevent.{a,so} are built anyways (or is event.c compiled into
libev.{a,so}?).

I can make a workarround removing event.h from the package, but I was
under the impression that libev distrubution was free of libevent stuff.

Is this a "bug" or I was under a wrong impression? =)

TIA.