[Gvpe] gvpe under nat

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Jul 18 10:52:30 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 09:14:29AM +0200, Alejandro Vargas <alejandro.anv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >If you explained your problem MUCH MUCH more detailed I might help you. The
> >most important things to look for are forwarding, firewall, and mtu issues.
>
> Ok, I had gvpe working propperly. Due to a problem in the internet

Your description sounds as if you only have a problem of the two gvpe daemons
not connecting to each other?

> When it not connected, I made tcpdump on the side that is under the
> nat and I see the packets from B destinated to port 407 of the local
> address, but I don't see responses outgoing.

That is, behind the nat, on the machine on host A that has gvpe running?

> It is the same that happend when I tryed to add to the virtual network
> a host that was under another router. The packets arrived but a
> response never were sent.

Any messages in syslog?

> Is there some debug option that shows me what is happening in these
> cases? I mean, some debug output that says "received packet from xxx",
> "sending answer ..." or "discarding due to xxx"

Well, the manpage tells you there is -l debug, apart from that, there is no
debugging option.

You can start it like "gvpe -D -l noise", in which case it logs to
stdout/stderr, which makes the messagss easier to find if you don't know
your syslog config exactly. That will tell you about every received
packet.

--
                The choice of a
      ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __      pcg at goof.com