AnyEvent: t/80_ssltest.t: Fails on FreeBSD when Net::SSLeay is previously installed

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sun Mar 1 21:17:57 CET 2020

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 09:27:23PM -0500, James E Keenan <jkeenan at pobox.com> wrote:
> However, on closer inspection I realized that 'make test' did not exercise
> test file t/80_ssltest.t.

That makes sense, yes.

For what it's worth, the test apsses on my fbsd11 box, albeit with openssl
1.0.

In the past, these kind of problenms could stem from a Net::SSLeay module
(which is currently broken w.r.t. openssl 1.1) compiled for openssl 1.1, and
missing a lot of symbols because they have been changed to enums from
#defines.

So that would be a possible issue to look at.

> not ok 6 - server_error <Connection reset by peer>

It could also be some kind of firewall or name resolution issue, i.e.
localhost ins unreachable.

Or, of course, some as of yet unidentified bug in the tets or AnyEvent.

> The test appears to fail only when '$mode == 1'.  Please let me know if
> there is any other information I can supply which will be helpful in
> resolution of this issue.

Then openssl angle is something to investigate. I'll try to upgrade my fbsd
test box as well to see if I can reproduce the issue.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de