AE::HTTP http_get segfaults with multiple downloads

Peter Juhasz pjuhasz at uhusystems.com
Tue Feb 14 13:43:52 CET 2017

On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 21:34 +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 04:51:04PM +0100, Peter Juhasz <pjuhasz at uhusy
> stems.com> wrote:
> > the following program segfaults:
>
> This is almost certainly due to a bug in perl during global
> destruction, see
> http://blog.schmorp.de/2015-11-12-tidbits-why-coro-crashes-or-how-per
> l-6-deals-with-bugs.html
> for some details.
>
> TL;DR: you get an exception, and perl starts to corrupt EV's data
> structures before it prints out the actual exception message, so you
> end
> up with a segfault and no useful message as to why.

I see, thanks. It does seem so that it crashes during global
destruction.

You write in the linked blog entry that "you usually need a nontrivial
amount of code and runtime to make [the crash] appear" - perhaps my
example has some merit in that it reliably produces a segfault with
(essentially) a single line of code.

Thanks,
Peter Juhasz